If you find yourself struggling in your UWG eCore course(s), please ask for help. Reach out to your UWG eCore Liaisons. There are many resources available to you.
Within your UWG eCore classroom (GoVIEW):
- Tutor.com is a FREE 24/7 online tutoring service available to all UWG eCore students.
- Many UWG eCore Math and Science courses are equipped with embedded tutors.
- Information about these and additional UWG eCore online resources can be found on the eCore Get Help page and inside your UWG eCore course.
- UWG's Center for Academic Success (CAS) offers face-to-face tutoring services. Give CAS a call and schedule an appointment with a tutor at (678) 839-6280.
- The UWG Writing Center offers writing tutoring services at the Technology Learning Center on campus. 30 minute appointments are available by calling (678) 839-6513.
As an online student, the extensive resources of GALILEO are available to you. Each semester that you are a UWG eCore student, you will be provided a password to access GALILEO. GALILEO stands for GeorgiA LIbrary LEarning Online.
As a world wide web-based virtual library, it provides access to multiple information resources, including secured access to licensed products. You will have access to over 100 databases indexing thousands of periodicals and scholarly journals. Over 2,000 journal titles are provided in full-text.
Other resources include encyclopedias, business directories, and government publications. If you need assistance with library resources, please contact the eCore Help Desk at (678) 839-5300 or email@example.com.
If a student has an accessibility issue, or suspects that he/she has one and would like to be considered for accommodations, there are several options. Contact UWG's Counseling Center by phone at (678) 839-6428 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a phone appointment with an Accessibility Services Counselor.
If a UWG eCore student is unsuccessful in contacting an Accessibility Services Counselor, the student should contact the UWG eCore Student Success Manager by calling the UWG eCore Help Desk at (678) 839-5300 or by email at email@example.com. Please note that email communication is not secure and confidentiality cannot be assured if the student elects to communicate via email.
It is the student's responsibility to make arrangements with UWG's Accessibility services office at the beginning of the semester and notify both their UWG eCore instructors and their chosen exam testing center prior to the time the student will need accommodations. For additional assistance, please contact the UWG eCore Student Success Manager.