Join us to learn more about our Educational Leadership and School Improvement programs!
Virtual information sessions are being held November 11 at 8 pm and December 7 at 8 pm
The University of West Georgia is the state's best in preparing certified leaders.
As the state's largest and most successful program, UWG developed nearly one-third
of Georgia's newly certified leaders in 2020. Some of the many reasons that UWG is
the program of choice include:
- Full-time faculty who are scholars, practitioners, and vested in your success
- Relevant and authentic learning experiences
- High expectations including strong support and faculty engagement for candidate-learning
- High-quality candidates create a rich exchange of learning and collaboration
- Convenience: Tier 2 can be completed in three or four semesters with only a few face-to-face sessions, Tier 1 is 100% online and can be finished in three semesters
The University of West Georgia has three programs for K-12 educational leadership, each leading to certification from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. The Tier 1 Certification is considered entry-level that prepares candidates for P-12 school level positions below the principal and for district level positions that do not supervise principals. All interested candidates currently without leadership certification must start with this program. This certificate is earned completely online. Candidates must complete a master's degree (or higher degree) and then add the Tier 1 Leadership Certification.
Another leadership program is the Tier 2 Educational Specialist Degree (Ed.S). A third leadership program is the Tier 2 Certificate Only option. Both programs
are considered advanced and are reserved for candidates in a leadership position and
who possess initial leadership certification.