Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr. Georgia G. Evans is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Leadership, Research, and School Improvement department. She has been a member of the UWG faculty since 2016, and Dr. Evans has over 40 years experience in a various education roles. During her career, Dr. Evans has worked at the classroom, administrative, regional and state levels. Dr. Evans spent 23 years as a classroom teacher and taught at all grade levels (elementary, middle, and high). Her leadership experience includes School Improvement Specialist, Regional Director of School Improvement at the Georgia Department of Education, Assistant Director for West Georgia RESA, and Performance Consultant for the Georgia Leadership Institute of School Improvement (GLISI). Her areas of expertise include curriculum, instruction, assessment, and school improvement. Dr. Evans frequently supports new principals and provides guidance in school improvement for local schools.
Education / Degrees
- B.S., History / Secondary Education, LaGrange College, 1977
- M.Ed., Middle Grades Education, LaGrange College, 1982
- Ed.S., Middle Grades Education, West Georgia College, 1987
- Ed.D., School Improvement, University of West Georgia, 2006
- Ed.S., Educational Leadership, Columbus State University, 2017