Campus Services Venues
Looking for rental space to host your event? Venue spaces include, meeting rooms, gyms, practice fields and tracks for athletic events, meadows, and special event facilities for a company luncheon, family reunions, weddings, birthday parties, game day tailgating and grilling pits.
Events are subject to university policies & procedures. Fees will apply to specific event types including additional security deposit and possible cleaning fees.
To inquire further, please contact the Card Office Coordinator.
To reserve space, fill out the appropriate Reservation Request Form on the Reserve West page:
- In order to accommodate social distancing, space occupancy has been reduced to 25-30% of the normal capacity.
- Effective July 15, 2020, University System of Georgia institutions, including the University of West Georgia, will require all faculty, staff, students, and visitors to wear an appropriate face covering while inside campus facilities/buildings where six feet social distancing may not always be possible. Face covering use will be in addition to and is not a substitute for social distancing.
Face coverings are not required in campus outdoor settings where social distancing requirements are met.
Anyone not using a face covering when required will be asked to wear one or must leave the area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for those who are unable to wear a face covering for documented health reasons.
- Spaces cannot be used without a reservation through Reserve West.
- The listed organization will be held liable for damages to the facility and its equipment. Damages to the facility may lead to suspension of reservation privileges, cancellation of upcoming reservations, and/or inability to submit request for future use of the facility.
- All requests for tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, staging, room set-up, etc. must be made at the time of the reservation or at a scheduled meeting with the venue manager (or designee). Any reasonable room set-up changes or equipment changes to the original request must be made at least one week prior to the event. If changes are made after these deadlines, venue managers reserve the
right to either not honor the changes or charge the group for the direct costs associated with the changes.
- The use of all forms of tobacco products on University property is expressly prohibited. “Tobacco Products” is defined as cigarettes, cigars, pipes, all forms of smokeless tobacco, clove cigarettes and any other smoking devices that use tobacco such as hookahs or simulate the use of tobacco such as electronic cigarettes.
- Prohibited items include helium balloons, glitter, fog machines, candles, open flame, and animals (only service animals are permitted).
- The use, charging, and unattended storage of self-balancing scooters (or “hoverboards”) is prohibited in all university buildings.
- All decorations and materials must follow Risk Management regulations. If any damage occurs to surfaces and/or excessive cleaning is required, the client may be assessed a fee. Helpful tips and acts that are prohibited:
- Do not put tape, staples, tacks, nails, pins or hooks on the walls or ceiling.
- Do not cover sprinkler heads.
- Decorations must not block exits for fire safety equipment.
- Decorations should be removed immediately after the event.
- Events cannot block doorways, hallways or aisles with chairs, tables or persons without permission from the Risk Management due to fire safety code.
- Attendance at events will be limited to the defined room capacity.
Policies and Procedures
Student organizations are Priority 3 and cannot make requests until the second week of the semester. Organizations may begin submitting reservations at the start of the Spring and Fall semesters unless otherwise posted. All requests will be reviewed beginning January 1st or August 1st.
UWG Departments and Non-UWG Affiliated (Third Party) requests must be submitted 10 business days in advance.
Reservations for registered UWG student organizations must be requested in conjunction with the organization's university advisor. Email notification will be sent by the Wolves Card Office to the advisor to request approval.
The sponsoring organization using the facility is responsible for the cost of any repair and/or replacement resulting from any damages to the facility and its equipment, enforcing UWG alcohol guidelines and smoke-free policy, adhering to all campus policies and procedures regarding security and conduct, and restoring the facilities to their original state after the event.
Facilities that are left unusable for the next day will be traced to the group/organization, which will be charged for the cost of returning the facility to its pre-event status and the organization may be banned from future use of University facilities.
Specific Policies for Campus Services Buildings/Spaces:
Kennedy Chapel has a maximum capacity limit of 50 people and no restroom facilities located within the facility. The contents and set-up of Kennedy Chapel are as- is and cannot be changed. We do not permit open flames/candles, glitter, food or beverages in Kennedy Chapel.
Student Recreation Center (SRC/Hanger Gym)
The Student Recreation Center also referred to as the SRC or Hanger Gym has a maximum capacity of 500 people. Restrooms are located within the facility. The setup of the SRC is “as-is” however you may choose to have special setups for your type of event if available.
West Commons (Z-6) Dining Hall (Hubbard Dining Room, Lower Level, University Club)
Reservable spaces within the West Commons (Z-6) Dining Hall have limited capacity depending on your type of event setup. (Hubbard Dining Room - 70, Lower Level - 300, University Club - 70). Outside food is not allowed however catering arrangements can be requested via UWG Dine West or by calling (678)839-5982.
After Hours and Weekend Building/Room Access
Events after 8:00 PM in these spaces may require Access Control or University Police to unlock the room. Please note, it may not be possible at all times for UWG UPD to unlock the space. If you need assistance accessing your reserved space, please call (678) 839-6000.
Events on the weekends in these spaces may require Access Control or University Police to unlock the room. Please note, it may not be possible at all times for UWG UPD to unlock the space. If you need assistance accessing your reserved space, please call (678)839-6000.
In alignment with the BOR 6.14 Use of Institutional Facilities and Property Policy the University of West Georgia has adopted the following
procedure for facility use by non-UWG affiliated persons or organizations.
Non-UWG Affiliated (Third Party) groups should submit event requests using the Reserve West “Non-UWG Affiliated Groups” link. Venue Managers will serve as event coordinators in the Reserve West Desktop Client for Non-UWG Affiliated (Third Party) groups.
The conditions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Events arranged by federal, state, and local government agencies/organizations not affiliated with the University of West Georgia.
- Career recruitment events arranged the University's students by commercial organizations not affiliated with the University of West Georgia. All commercial organizations must adhere to the University's Solicitation policy.
- Training purposes for members of the community.
- Sign a facility use agreement with UWG for use of its facilities. This agreement is approved by the Office of Risk Management, University General Counsel, and the Associate Vice President for Auxiliary Enterprises and Business Services.
- Obtain and provide a Certificate of Liability (COI) and property damage insurance that names the University of West Georgia as an additional insured. The liability limits will depend on the nature of the activity and shall be set by the Office of Risk Management.
- Compensate the University of West Georgia for any charges associated with the event including, but not limited to, space rental, custodial services, and/or any other service fee that is required by the event.
- Arrange food and beverage service through Dine West, where applicable.
- Comply with the policies of the Board of Regents, the University of West Georgia, and the State of Georgia concerning alcoholic beverages, tobacco, and smoke-free products, and campus carry guidelines on campus.
- Take reasonable care to ensure the physical safety and health of the participants and spectators.
- Businesses cannot create a conflict of interest with the UWG courses and service product offerings.
Policies and Procedures
- Request must be submitted at least 10 days in advance for special events and/or meetings.
- A minimum notice of 7 days is required for reservation cancellations. Email or call the venue manager to
notify them of cancellations.
- Reservation requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis within the priority tier.
- Communication will be sent to the primary contact within 1-3 business days regarding the status of the request.
- A request for space does not guarantee event approval. Requests may be denied if the event conflicts
with any university policies or space accommodations cannot be met.
Event Costs and Charges
Depending on the nature, duration, and special requirements for events, the following charges may be assessed:
- Facility rental fee
- University Police services
- Facilities Services, including set-up, porter service, break-down, clean-up, and maintenance service technicians). Overtime (OT) services and additional services requested with less than a 2-business day notice will be charged a 2-hour minimum per employee
- University parking personnel
- Current List of Charges