West Georgia Outdoors' climbing wall offers UWG students and UREC members an alternative way to exercise and socialize for free. Located in the Campus Center, the climbing wall measures 48 feet tall and can be used by climbers of all skill levels (no experience necessary). Climbers have the option to boulder, top rope or lead climb.
- Monday - Thursday: 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Friday: 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 9 & Sunday, Nov. 11, the climbing wall will be closed due to a wall training certification. Thank you for your understanding.
Climbing classes are designed to develop climbers as they advance in their skills. Students and UREC members can register for these free educational classes offered on many occassions. These classes include top-rope belaying, lead climbing, and lead belaying. Register online at myrec.westga.edu, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the climbing wall for more information.
Beginner (Top-Rope Belay)
- Tuesday, August 28, 5 - 7 p.m.
- Friday, September 14, 5 - 7 p.m.
- Thursday, September 27, 5 - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 10, 5 - 7 p.m.
- Monday, November 12, 5 - 7 p.m.
Advanced (Lead Belay)
- Monday, October 29, 5 - 7 p.m.