West Georgia Outdoors' climbing wall offers UWG students, faculty and staff an alternative way to exercise and socialize for free. Located in the Campus Center, the climbing wall measures 48 feet tall and can be used by climbers of all skill levels (no experience necessary). Climbers have the option to boulder, top rope or sport climb.
- Monday - Thursday: 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Friday: 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Climbing classes are designed to develop climbers as they advance in their skills. Students, faculty and staff can register for these free educational classes offered on many occassions. These classes include top-rope belaying, lead climbing, and lead belaying. Register online at myrec.westga.edu.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the climbing wall.
Belay Workshop (Top-Rope Belay)
- Monday, January 14, 5 - 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 12, 5 - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 13, 5 - 7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 18, 5 - 7 p.m.
Advanced (Sport Climbing)
- Thursday, January 31, 5 - 7 p.m.