West Georgia Outdoors' climbing wall offers UWG students, faculty and staff an alternative way to exercise and socialize for free. Located in the Campus Center, the climbing wall measures 48 feet tall and can be used by climbers of all skill levels (no experience necessary).
- Monday - Thursday: 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Friday - Sunday: CLOSED
Learn the basics of climbing through one of our climbing workshops taught by our talented and skilled West Georgia Outdoors staff.
- Jan. 26 from 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Feb. 23 from 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- March 30 from 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- No registration required, just show up
- Campus Center Climbing Wall
- FREE for UWG students, faculty, staff
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 678-839-5500.
Climb Across America: El Capitan
Challenge yourself in a new way this spring by participating in the Climb Across America: El Capitan climbing challenge in which you will climb 3,000 vertical feet throughout the semester. This is the same vertical height as if you climbed El Capitan in Yosemite National Park. Receive prizes at different milestones along your climbing journey. Register in person at the Climbing Wall.
- Challenge begins: Monday, January 31, 2022
- Sign up in person at the Climbing Wall
- Challenge ends: April 1, 2022
- FREE for all students, faculty, staff
How it Works
- Sign up at the Climbing Wall desk for free
- Count your climbs and report them to the climbing wall staff after each session (max of 5 climbs/day)
- With the assistance of the climbing wall staff, track your progress as the semester goes on
- Earn swag as you hit vertical milestones
Questions can be emailed to WGO at email@example.com or by phone at 678-839-5500.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.