University Recreation Intramural Sports plays an intrical part in the overall experience of a student's college life, allowing for a well-rounded and multifaceted educational experience.
Intramural Sports is your one stop, sports stop for fun! We offer sports leagues and tournaments year round for any and all currently enrolled students, staff and faculty. To get started, log into the MyRec portal to access IMLeagues to find out about team info. i.e..(how many players to start a team etc.) We have co-ed, women and men leagues available so the next step is to create a profile and then you can join a team or start your own. It’s simple and quick, so drop by the Campus Center or give us a call at University Recreation 678-839-5500.
Please take a minute to look over our Intramural Sports handbook.
- Sports Offerings
- Employment Opportunities
How to Register
All intramural participants will be required to create an account on imleagues.com
TO CREATE AN IMLEAGUES ACCOUNT:
- Navigate to the MyRec portal page (myrec.westga.edu)
- Click on SIGN IN located at the top right. Sign in with your UWG username and password
- Click on SPORTS
- Participants will then be sent to imleagues.com (first time users will need to first verify their information - this only occurs the first time the system is used)
- Click on the IM SPORT tab at the top and continue registering for the specific sport desired
- To access imleagues.com in the future, please login through the MyRec portal
JOINING A TEAM (3 different ways):
- Team captains can create a team
- Captains can invite members to their team by clicking the INVITE MEMBERS link on the team page
- Any invited members MUST accept the invitation in order to join the designated team
- If members are already registered on imleagues.com, captains can search for the members' names and invite them
- If members are not already registered on imleagues.com, captains can scroll down to INVITE BY EMAIL ADDRESS and input the members' email addresses.
- Join an existing team
- Use the CREATE/JOIN button at top right of every page
- Accept a request from the captain of a team
- Find the team and captain's name on the division/league page and request to join
- Go to the captain's player card page and view the captain's team or request to join
- Join as a free agent
- You can list yourself as a free agent in as many divisions within a league as you like. You will then be visible to all members of the site and can request to join teams or post information about yourself so teams can request to add you to their team.
CREATING A TEAM
- Log into your imleagues.com account
- Click the CREATE/JOIN TEAM button at the top right of your user homepage OR click on the UNIVERSITY OF WEST GEORGIA link to go to your school's homepage on imleagues.com
- Click on the sport you wish to join from the current list of sports
- Choose the league you wish to play in (men's, women's, co-rec, etc.)
- Choose the division you wish to play in (Monday at 6 p.m., Tuesday at 8 p.m., etc.)
If you have questions, please contact the Competitive Sports office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in joining the intramural sports staff?
All of our intramural sports managers & program assistants got their start as an intramural sports official. We hire our officials for the whole year, which allows us to promote from with-in and keep the amazing individuals who make our program great. As an official, you will gain the knowledge and skills to officiate our seven main league sports that include flag football, volleyball, soccer, basketball, indoor soccer, 4v4 flag football and softball.
If you would like more information on how to join our staff, please attend the intramural sports official call-out meeting on August 16 from 8 - 9 p.m. in the Campus Center room 302. Individuals will have to pass a sports-specific test and go through an on-court/field try-out during our flag football clinic.
If you have any questions please contact the Competitive Sports Office at email@example.com.