The Peer Academic Coaching program provides interactive one-on-one sessions to identify academic concerns and other barriers to success.
We help students strengthen skills in the following areas:
- Time management
- Test preparation/Test taking
- Note taking
- Acclimating to the collegiate life
- Reading strategies
Peer Academic Coaches promote self-efficacy and confidence by providing students with tips and strategies that encourage academic achievement, social adjustment, and holistic wellness.
- Students trained in evidence-based strategies to facilitate academic coaching sessions.
- Campus leaders that connect students to campus resources.
- Friendly faces helping students with time management, overcoming procrastination, getting involved on campus, and much more.
- Discussing academic barriers or college stressors
- Developing specific strategies to use in current and future courses.
- Becoming a more efficient learner - studying smarter, not harder
An Early Alert is issued by professors and instructors due to:
- Poor class attendance
- Low test scores
- Challenges with transitioning to UWG
- Frequently late to classes and academic meetings
The Peer Academic Coaching program at the University of West Georgia is accredited by the College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA).