What can I do if I want to work while attending UWG?

Working while attending college can help you finance your education, and most students find that they can be successful in their studies while working 10 to 15 hours per week. As a student worker, you receive a bi-weekly payroll check.

The basic types of student employment on campus are work-study, student assistantships, and graduate assistantships.

Work Study

The Federal Work-Study Program offers employment for students with financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office. You can work in clerical, technical, and manual positions in a variety of departments and offices on campus. In addition, some positions are available in community services areas. To improve your chances of receiving FWS, you should complete your financial aid file by July 1.


  • Student Assistantships are on-campus jobs available regardless of your financial need. The jobs are similar to those available in the work-study program except there are no community service positions.
  • Student Research Assistantships are also available regardless of your financial need. In this program, you work closely with a faculty or staff member on a project related to your major or career.
  • If you are a graduate student, you might be interested in a Graduate Assistantship. For more information on this program, you can contact the Graduate Office at (678) 839-6419. If you are awarded a Graduate Assistantship, you must notify the Financial Aid Office. It may have an effect on your financial aid eligibility.

On-campus and off-campus employment openings are posted in Career Services. Career Services also administers the University's Cooperative Education and Internship Program.

Please Note:
The Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requires all employers to verify all prospective employees' U.S. citizenship status. If you are seeking employment, you must bring a picture I.D. (driver's license) and original social security card or certified copy of your birth certificate to campus with you in order to complete the employment requirements.