If you are eligible for federal work-study it will appear on your financial aid offer letter. If you would like your offer letter resent to you, please email us at finaid@westga.edu
Your accepted loan will post to your account 3-5 business days after acceptance. Please ensure that you have completed the Master Promissory Note and the Loan Entrance Counseling Session on studentaid.gov.
You can contact the UWG Financial Aid Office by phone at 678-839-6421
If you received notice that your SAP appeal was denied and you have additional questions, please contact our office. You can call 678-839-6421, or email finaid@westga.edu.
Summer financial aid is awarded based on what has not been utilized during the fall and spring semesters. We will begin offering summer financial aid and notifying students in March. Following March, students will be offered summer aid 10-15 business days after registering for their summer courses. If that time period has passed for you, please chat with "Wolfie" at the bottom right of the screen. Within the chat, please ask to speak with a "live advisor" from Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
If you submitted an appeal (Dependency Appeal, Family Contribution Appeal, SAP Appeal) it can take 7-10 business days to receive an update. If that time has passed, please contact us by calling 678-839-6421, or email finaid@westga.edu.

You can change a loan amount by completing a loan change request form. The steps are below: Log into OneLogin from the “myUWG” link on the main UWG website

  1. Log into https://westga.onelogin.com/portal/
  2. Search for “Financial Aid Verification” in the search box and click the ‘Financial Aid Verification’app.
  3. Sign-in with your full "@my.westga.edu" email address and OneLogin password
  4. If prompted to confirm your information, please enter it exactly as it appears on your FAFSA.
  5. Select “Request” button
  6. Choose “Loan Change Request”
  7. Print, complete, and upload the completed loan change request to the same portal. This is the only method in which this document can be accessed and submitted.

No, full-time enrollment is not required to receive financial aid.


For most types of federal financial aid, you must only be enrolled half-time. Half-time is considered to be 6 credit hours for undergraduate students and 5 credit hours for graduate students.

  • Undergraduate students must enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours to receive student loans during any semester
  • Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of 5 credit hours to receive student loans during any semester

Pell Grant:

Undergraduate students may receive Federal Pell Grant if they are enrolled in less than 6 credit hours during Fall and Spring; however, this can vary for some students.

During the summer, in most instances, undergraduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours to receive Federal Pell Grant.

HOPE/Zell Miller Scholarship

HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarship will pay per hour based on enrollment for Fall, Spring, and Summer. You do not need to be enrolled in a specific number of hours to receive HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship.

Please email finaid@westga.edu if you have further questions.

The difference between these two loan types is when they charge interest. A subsidized loan will not charge interest while you are in school at least half-time. Subsidized loans will also not charge interest during any period of initial grace (the first 6 months after leaving school ) deferment. A Direct Unsubsidized loan will earn interest while you are in school. If you have any other questions, feel free to chat us.
You should check your student breakdown bill in OneLogin. Please visit https://westga.onelogin.com/login and type "My Current Bill" in the search bar once you have signed in.