COVID-19 Specific Measures
Persons with symptoms of or recent exposure to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) must speak with a health center staff member before entering the health center to determine the appropriate level of care that is needed. Have you tested positive, have symptoms of COVID-19, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive? Please report this information by using the Student Self-Reporting Form.
UWG Health Services is OPEN for on campus and telemedicine visits.
Health Services is located behind the Honors House and near Tyus Hall. Students taking at least one class on campus are charged the student health fee as part of their tuition and fees and are eligible to receive medical services at the Health Center. Exclusively online students may choose to pay the student health fee and be eligible for services.
Information on Spring 2021 Operations
- Operation Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Please CALL (678) 839-6452 to schedule an in person or telemedicine appointment. (Subsequent to COVID-19, walk-in visits are discouraged at this time.)
- To schedule a consultation with an advocate, please call (678) 839-6452.
- Confidential victims services are available 24/7 at (470) 215-9946.
- For psychological crisis please call the UWG Counseling Center at (678) 839-6428, press option 2 after hours.
After Hours Care
If you become sick or injured when the Student Health Center is closed and you feel you need immediate care, you are advised to CALL 911 or seek medical treatment at the nearest emergency room or urgent care facility. If the illness does not require immediate care, please call Health Services to schedule an appointment the following business day.
- Tanner Medical Center Emergency Department: (770) 836-9666; 705 Dixie St. Carrollton, GA 30117
- Tanner Urgent Care: (770) 812-9445; 1480 Highway 27 South, Carrollton, GA 30117
- Summit Health Care: (678) 782-9994; 909 S Park St, Carrollton, GA 30117