The University of West Georgia (UWG) is committed to creating a safe learning environment that is conducive to students' learning and development. Through the Campus Awareness Response and Evaluation (CARE) team at UWG, the university provides a caring, confidential intervention and response to those who may have a concern about a student(s). This team provides students with the greatest chance for success and the university community with the greatest level of protection.
The CARE team will abide by the guidelines and expectations specified on this page. These guidelines and expectations do not replace any academic-based withdrawals, dismissal policies, or any community standard procedures to address a student's disciplinary actions.
Referrals to the CARE Team
Any member of the UWG community who has concern for student(s) may refer someone to the CARE team.
To make a report, submit a CARE Report form. This form should only be submitted for non-emergency situations and for matters that do not require immediate action.
All urgent situations should be directed to the University of West Georgia's Police Department (UWGPD) at (678) 839-6000 or directed to 911.
- Associate Vice President for Student Life & Dean of Students - Dr. Lakiesa Rawlinson (Chair)
- Associate Vice President For Student Affairs - Dr. Jennifer Jordan
- Assistant Dean of Students - AnneMarie Reed (Co-Chair)
- Executive Director of Housing and Residence Life - Cassidy Nelson
- Patient Advocate - Corey Hindman
- University Police Department - Chief Ned Watson
- Manager of Accessibility and Testing Services - Toyosi Pius
- Case Manager - Norie Rogers
- Student Conduct Coordinator - Essence Williams