The University of West Georgia's Office of Undergraduate Research was established to:
- Facilitate collaboration between Faculty Mentors and Student Researchers.
- Coordinate university-wide research events, such as Research Day and Big Night
- Assist students in their preparation and travel to research conferences
- Encourage new initiatives to create, enhance, and expand undergraduate research opportunities for all West Georgia students
Faculty-directed undergraduate research complements classroom learning through learning by doing and reflection on doing, and as such provides an additional educational opportunity that transforms our students into scholars. Undergraduate research experience is invaluable and provides our scholars with a multitude of opportunities while they are enrolled at West Georgia and upon completion of their undergraduate degree.
We are dedicated to facilitating undergraduate student involvement in scholarly research in all academic fields. Please let us know how our office can support you!
- UWG Student Gains Research Experience
- Amelia Bagwell wins Best Poster Award at NCHC 2015!
- UWG Students Win Big at NSSA Conference
- Star Students Shine on Big Night
- 26 Students Accepted to Present at National Conference
Honors Students Represent UWG at National Conference
- Student Spotlight: Tai Truong