Dr. Laurie Kimbrel jointed the University of West Georgia as an Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership following a 27-year career in K-12 public schools. Dr. Kimbrel has served in a variety of positions including classroom teacher, dean of students, assistant principal, principal, associate superintendent and superintendent. She has worked as public educator in Illinois, California and Georgia. Dr. Kimbrel has extensive school and district level experience in the areas of curriculum and instruction, human resources, policy development and school operations. In addition to her public school positions, she has served as president of several state organizations including the High School District Association of California and Schools for Sound Finance in California.
Education / Degrees
- BS, Music & Business, Millikin University, 1987
- M.S., Special Education, Dominican University, 1992
- Ed.S., Educational Leadership, National Louis University, 1996
- Ed.D., Curriculum & Instruction, Loyola University - Chicago, 2002
- Graduate Certificate, Superintendent Leadership, Loyola University - Chicago, 2006