Office of Community Standards
The Office of Community Standards seeks to engage students on issues of community membership and responsible decision-making. The essence of higher education is found in the unhampered freedom to study, investigate, write, speak and debate on any aspect or issue of life. In attempting to achieve that unhampered freedom, the students acquire certain fundamental rights and responsibilities. Our primary purpose is to uphold community standards for students and organization by providing preventative and educational learning experiences. These standards are designed to provide a safe and productive learning environment for all members of the University of West Georgia community. The Office of Community standards will fulfill our mission by:
- Acknowledging the student’s rights stated herein and respecting the student’s autonomy in these areas.
- Offering educational and leadership opportunities for students who participate in the facilitation of the student conduct process.
- Empowering members of the campus community to address conflict in a respectful and responsible manner.
- Educating the University of West Georgia community members on their rights, responsibilities and expectations through collaboration with campus partners.
- Offering outreach services to educate faculty, staff and other community partners about the role of our office and the Code of Conduct.
Freedom of Expression
The University of West Georgia is committed to free and open inquiry and expression in all matters. Members of the university community are guaranteed the broadest possible latitude to speak, write, listen, challenge and learn. With the exception of certain limitations (i.e.,time, place, manner) on that freedom which are necessary to the functioning of the university, UWG respects and supports the freedom of all members of the university community to discuss, debate, write, assemble and/or demonstrate regarding any issue or problem. When planning an event, please use the campus reservation system through Reserve West.
In order to assure equal opportunity for all, preserve order on campus, and provide a secure, safe environment, the University has established a set of regulations governing the time, place, and manner of expression. The University of West Georgia follows the guidelines of Freedom of Expression outlined in the BOR policy 6.5.
- Educational programming
- Facilitation of Student Conduct process
- Support to faculty, staff, and UWG community
Know the Code Quiz
Know your way around the Student Code of Conduct. Check out your knowledge by taking this quiz.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Strozier Hall 211
Phone: (678) 839-2466
Fax: (678) 839-2467
Report Academic Misconduct
Instructors may report issues of academic dishonesty as defined in the UWG Student Conduct Code, section 2.00. This, as well as the conduct process and the possible sanctions, can be found online in the Student Handbook. To report Academic Misconduct, click below.
CARE Team - Reporting a Concerning Incident
This CARE Team report allows anyone to share a concern about the health and wellbeing of a student at UWG. Reports are checked during business hours, if this is an emergency please call campus or local police for an immediate response.
Report a Violation of the Student Code of Conduct
Students, faculty and staff may report a violation of the University of West Georgia's Student Code of Conduct below.