International Student Forms
Employer Guide to Hiring International Students
Hiring an UWG international student is easy as long as the student is authorized for CPT or OPT by the US Government. The international office at UWG takes care of that. Our Employer's Guide provides all the details. Call or email if you have any questions: email@example.com | (678) 839-4780
You'll need 2 items:
- Support Letter for the SSN
- Print the Fillable Letter in support of SSN Application (PDF, 23K) on official department or office letterhead, signed by the supervisor of the employment.
- Then, come by ISAP for review, approval and secondary signature.
- Last, take this letter to the Social Security Administration (SSA) office in Villa Rica, GA with your SSN application.
- The SSN Application
- Page 1-4 are instructions only, so just complete the application on page 5. Don't forget to sign!
- Here is the SS# Application (PDF)
Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you are approved for OPT, please provide ISAP a copy of the following:
- Your EAD (OPT) Card - front & back
- My OPT Responsibilities (PDF, 785K) with your signature
If you have any questions about the information on the responsibilities form, don't hesitate to ask us for clarification in advance!
Those with a degree in a S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) may apply for a STEM extension of the initial 12 month OPT. Please meet with an ISAP advisor to discuss this extension. You must already be approved for OPT, and employed in a STEM approved field with a STEM eligible major in order to apply for the OPT STEM extension.
Use this helpful checklist to make sure you have all the parts of your OPT application available and correct before mailing it to USCIS for processing.
If you have having trouble picking an OPT Start Date. Please use this Choosing a Start Date for OPT Graphic. (PDF, 64K)