International Student Forms
For general information about reinstatement and other options to restore status, please see "Fixing Terminated Status" on our Maintaining Status page
- For general information about reinstatement, please also see "Fixing Terminated Status," on our Maintaining Status Page.
International students who intend to transfer from the University of West Georgia to another college or institution in the United States must complete this form.
- currently be in active F1 status at UWG
- present an acceptance letter from the new school
- submit the transfer out request form below.
Processing time is 5-10 business days.
In order to transfer your immigration record from another USCIS approved school to UWG, you must:
- currently be in active F1 status at your current school
- be admitted to UWG
- submit the transfer-in form below
Email completed documentation and form to email@example.com with your 917 number and full name. Processing time is 3-5 business days.
If you are completing a degree at UWG and wish to enroll in a next-level degree (Masters or Doctorate), simply apply to the program you wish and let ISAP know when you are admitted.
- Provide ISAP your new admissions letter
- Provide ISAP proof of funding to support your new degree program.
ISAP staff will assist you in the process of updating your current form I-20 to reflect the higher level degree program.
You will not need to depart the US if your visa has expired, in this situation.
You will not need to pay another SEVIS fee
For students who are nearing the end-date on their I-20/DS-2019 document and need to extend their program. To properly maintain status, students must extend their program prior to the expiration of their I-20/DS-2019. Complete this form to place a request for extension with the International office.