- The application for graduation including payment of the graduation fee must be completed during the semester immediately preceding the student’s planned semester of graduation.
- The student must be approved formally for graduation by the faculty.
- To qualify for graduation, candidates may choose to meet the degree requirements of the current catalog or of any catalog within six years prior to graduation, provided that the candidate was enrolled in the degree program during the year of the catalog chosen.
- A student’s graduation will be delayed one semester if:
- The final semester’s work toward the completion of requirements is taken as a transient student.
- All “I’s” are not removed and recorded in the Registrar’s Office and recorded on the student’s transcript two weeks prior to the graduation date.
- Correspondence course grades are not received in the Registrar’s Office and recorded on the student’s transcript two weeks prior to the graduation date.
- UWG awards degrees three times a year corresponding with the end of each semester and only to the students who have applied and are meeting all requirements at the time final grades are posted. Students who have applied for graduation for a semester and are not completing all requirements at the time final grades are posted will be deferred until the next time degrees are awarded.
Students are requested to attend graduation. If attendance is not possible, the student should notify the Registrar's Office.
Limitation on specific course hours which can be used to meet graduation requirements
A maximum of 6 credit hours total of military science, debate practicum (COMM 1115) and applied music/ensemble courses (for non-music majors and minors) can be applied toward a degree. No PWLA course credit may be applied toward the number of academic hours required for a degree.