What is the Scoop?
The Scoop is a collection of calendars and other important information related to registration, courses, fees, and schedules.
New and returning students will find The Scoop to be an extremely valuable resource of information and helpful links.Get the Scoop
Spring 2020 Withdrawals & Incomplete Grades
The following procedures have been put into place for the Spring 2020 semester due to COVID-19.
- Individual Course Withdrawals: Students may continue to withdraw from individual courses online using Banweb. At present, students who withdraw are awarded a WF grade which counts as an F in the GPA calculation. If the course withdrawal is due to hardships experienced in relationship to UWG’s response to COVID-19, then the student should not withdraw using Banweb, but should seek a Selective Hardship Withdrawal.
- Selective Hardship Withdrawals: Students seeking to withdraw from an individual course or a set of courses due to hardships experienced in relationship to UWG's response to COVID-19 will be treated as Selective Hardship Withdrawals and should follow normal Hardship Withdrawal procedures. Students should complete a Hardship Withdrawal Form and submit the form according to the normal procedure.
- Complete Withdrawals: Students seeking a Complete Withdrawal for the Spring 2020 term should follow the normal procedures for seeking a Complete Withdrawal. If the student is seeking a Complete Withdrawal due to hardships experienced in relationship to UWG’s response to COVID-19, then the student should be directed to complete a Hardship Withdrawal.
- Hardship Withdrawals: The nature of situations eligible for a Hardship Withdrawal (HW) has been expanded to include hardships associated with UWG's response to COVID-19. This covers both housing and online course delivery. The expanded HW definition is our effort to support students who have sought accommodations from their course instructors, determined there were no other options for success, and as the last resort request a HW based on extenuating circumstances. Normal HW procedures should be followed for these requests.
- Incomplete Grades: Students that are awarded an Incomplete (I) grade for Spring 2020 will have until the end of Spring 2021 to complete the course for a grade. If the incomplete grade is not removed by the end of spring 2021, the grade will be changed to a F.
The office of the Registrar is currently working remotely due to COVID-19. Email is the most effective contact method at this time. If you need to send documents to our office, please scan and send as pdf files.
The Registrar's Office is located in Parker Hall. Parker Hall is located directly behind Mandeville Hall which is on Front Campus Drive.
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Fridays in June & July 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
UWG - Parker Hall
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton, GA 30118
For Financial Aid related questions email email@example.com or phone (678) 839-6421.
For Tuition or Fee related questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (678) 839-4737.
Phone & Fax Number:
Ph: (678) 839-6438
Fx: (678) 839-6439
Important Dates and Deadlines
June 26 Session IV classes begin; Drop/Add ends at 11:59 pm
June 27 Session IV Withdrawal "W" period begins for Session IV (non-eCore) courses.
June 30 - July 1 Banner will go down at 7:00 am June 30th for fiscal year-end processing. No adjustments can be made to registration during this period. Banner will reopen at 8:00 am on July 1st.
July 3 Indepdence Day Holiday (No Classes, Offices Closed)
July 6 Summer Session IV Fee Payment Deadline
July 8-9 Faculty Only: Roster Verification for Session IV courses opens at noon
July 10 Last day to withdraw with a grade of W from Session IV (non eCore) courses.
July 21 Last day of Session IV classes
July 23 Final Exams
Saturday, July 25 Summer Graduation (time and details to be announced)
**For more important dates and deadlines, please visit The Scoop.
Going West opens doors to your future. Stay informed with the current term's calendar of important dates.Current Registrar Calendar
Do you have questions about registration? Visit our Registration Information page. And don't forget to check your MyUWG account and email frequently for updates!
(Wolf not included with Registration Fees)Register Today
Congratulations, you're ready for graduation! Need more information about graduation requirements, rules, or ceremonies?Graduation Info
Are you Going West and aren't sure if your credits will transfer? Are you curious about Credit for Military Experience or Credit by Exam? Do you need more information on Transfer Criteria?Learn More
Are you furthering your education or applying for a job and need a transcript? Transcript requests are handled by qualified professionals in our Enrollment Services Center.Read More