The University of West Georgia, based on guidance from the USG now and in the future, plans to open its campus for all employees and students for the Fall 2020 term. The information listed in UWG’s Return to Work Plan describes UWG’s method for bringing everyone back to campus in a safe and responsible manner. University Recreation has specifically outlined a detailed plan for maintaining patrons' safety throughout all facility operations and program offerings on our UREC Summer/Fall 2020 Operations page.
Spring 2021 Reservation and Events Operations
- The ballroom will be available on a limited basis due to priortization for academics
- The ballroom, meeting rooms, and outdoor spaces will remain open for reservations on a limited basis. Capacities will be limited to adhere to physical distancing guidelines. Please view the above outline for capacity numbers for each reservable space dependent on room set-up
- When making reservations for the Campus Center, please put an accurate estimate of attendance in the reservation form. If the amount of patrons exceeds the max capacity, you will be asked to reduce the number of attendees, conduct a virtual event, or find a larger space on campus that accomodates your attendance capacity. Events may be canceled if the max capacity is exceeded
- The back gym will be unavailable for reservation requests
- The front and back patio will remain open for events, but 6 ft physical distancing must be maintained
- Reservations can still be done through westga.edu/reservewest
Events Cleaning Procedures
Event staff will clean and disinfect all equipment in the ballroom and meeting spaces including but not limited to chairs, tables, mics, laptops, etc. before and after each event.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-839-5500.