Getting Started: New Student Checklist
Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of West Georgia!
We look forward to welcoming you soon! Next, please complete the checklist below.
What's Next? Checklist:
- SUBMIT: Financial Certification Documents *REQUIRED for issuance of I-20 or DS-2019.
- On the page above, click > Financial tab > New International Student Financial Certification.
- Submit the form to provide documentation about your your funding source for 1 year.
- Dependents (spouse or child): They need immigration documents too, so additional financial support is required in Section II, #2.
- Then, email the completed form back to International Student Admissions and Programs (ISAP) at email@example.com for review.
- RECEIVE: I-20 or DS-2019
- APPLY FOR: Student Visa (F1 or J1)
- ACTIVATE: Your "MyUWG" Account
- ARRANGE: Housing
- ARRIVE & SETTLE: Students will need to arrange their own transportation to campus. Details at the link.
- COMPLETE: International Orientation & In-person Check-in
- SUBMIT: Immunization Forms
- PAY: Tuition & Fees
- (Optional) REQUEST: Waiver of Student Health Insurance
- Students with eligible alternate health insurance may request a waiver, or do nothing and keep the UWG provided plan through United Health Care. Simply pay the insurance premium by the payment deadline. Health insurance waivers are not automatic and must be submitted each Fall and Spring.
Update Your Local Address in Carrollton
- Whenever you move, log into Banweb and update your local address within 10 days.
- Also inform ISAP so we can update your address in SEVIS. The 2 addresses should always match.
- Your local address is your responsibility to avoid official mail going to an outdated address.