International Student Housing Options
Step #5: Arrange Housing
UWG and the surrounding area provide many on-campus and off-campus residential options to fit a range of budgets, amenities and conveniences. Please note that all off-campus arrangements (leases, utilities, furniture, transportation, and issues) are up the students who choose those options.
On-Campus Housing (Recommended)
Check out the On-Campus Housing Brochure (PDF, 5.8MB)
- 10 minute maximum walk to any UWG classroom, labs, support services, events, rec. center and dining facilities.
- Multiple UWG Shuttle Bus stops are near UWG residence halls.
- UWG's Housing and Residence Life (HRL) program provides comfortable, secure housing, professional staff, academic support, and opportunities that engage campus residents in social opportunities and a success mindset.
- All UWG facilities are well-secured with 24/7 staff at your service.
- All utilities, wifi and basic furnishings are included.
- Review amenities and view virtual tours of each residence hall on the HRL website
- After admission, complete the Housing Contract through your myUWG portal and clicking on external resources.
- Select the StarRez Portal to access and complete the your Housing Contract.
- Room assignments are selected on a first come, first serve basis.
Freshman Housing Requirement
University of West Georgia requires all freshmen to reside on campus unless they are married or living with parents, at their permanent address, within an approved commuting town. This policy applies to all students entering University of West Georgia and remains in effect until completion of two (2) semesters of residence or thirty (30) semester hours of academic work.
Waivers of the residency requirement are required for all freshman students who do not wish to reside on campus.
The following categories of freshman students will be exempt from the residency requirement following verification of their status:
- 21 years of age
- Marriage – certified copy of marriage license required for students under 21
- Independent financial status – Must provide supporting documentation
For more information and the waiver form, visit the Housing & Residence Life Website.