The Honors College is a place that brings together the brightest and most highly motivated students to reimagine learning. UWG’s Honors College fosters academic exploration where students broaden their minds beyond disciplines and majors and encourages students to make critical connections to ideas, inquiry, people, professions, and communities.
UWG’s Honors College provides challenging courses with strong faculty mentors, exciting research opportunities, exposure to national and international perspectives through study away and study abroad, and a community of faculty and student scholars who want to engage fully in a rewarding academic experience.
A Community for Intellectual Excellence that:
- Encourages students to explore new ideas through small, discussion-based, innovative courses
- Strengthens students’ critical thinking, research, and communication skills
- Creates an intellectual community that extends beyond the classroom
- Challenges and supports Honors scholars in the highest possible academic achievements
- Prepares students to excel in graduate or professional pursuits as independent, ethical, open-minded, lifelong learners, and community members.